Roast Pork Loin with Mango and Cranberry Chutney
For Festive dinner occasion.
- 1 pork loin roast, 4lb
- 1/4-cup Eadrey's Jerk Marinade
- 1 large or 2 medium sized mangoes
- 3 cups of fresh Cranberries
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Score the fat on the pork loin in diamond shapes.
- Place the pork in a baking dish or large zip lock freezer bag and pour Eadrey's Beginner's Jerk marinade all over the pork and especially between the diamond shaped scores to penetrate the pork.
- Marinate the pork in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours or more.
- Once the pork has been marinaded, place it in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast the pork at 325° for 2 hours.
- While the pork is roasting, do the Mango and Cranberry Chutney. See below.
Mango and Cranberry Chutney
- Peel the mango(es).
- Cut the mango(es) into cubes. Make 1 cup of cubed mango.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, cranberries, mangoes, sugar, lemon juice, rind, and red onions.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until the berries begin to pop.
- Stir in salt, pepper and cinnamon and simmer for 20 more minutes until liquid evaporates.
- Cool and bring to room temperature.
- If you have leftover mango, cut into slices (as in our pictures) and place with chutney.
- Serve the Mango and Cranberry Chutney with your Jerk Pork Loin.
Serves 8-10 people. Enjoy!